5/19/11

Meanwhile, in the Basement....

While the outdoor system is cycling, I’m continuing to grow indoors. I have a few rainbow chard plants that are now growing tremendously. I’ve also started some sweet peppers and heirloom tomato seedlings that I plan to transplant into the outdoor system. So far the tomatoes are growing very well, at about five inches tall. At over a year old, the pepper seeds delayed germination; however, they finally sprouted and now stand at half an inch tall. The system has many fewer plants than it can support currently: nitrate is about 30ppm at least. I plan to put this nitrate rich water into the outdoor system to kick start it for the transplants.


Rainbow Chard 5/17/2011

Rainbow Chard with Tomato and Pepper Seedlings 5/17/2011


No comments:

Post a Comment